Salary: Salary dependent on experience – up to £35,000
Contract type: Permanent
Hours of work: 37.5
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST – ADULT NEUROLOGY / NEUROREHABILITATION
37.5 hours per week (Salary dependent on experience – up to £35,000)
Are you an Occupational Therapist looking for your next rewarding role?
Park House Neurological Rehabilitation Centre, part of the award winning Christchurch Group, is an 11 bedded residential rehabilitation unit which provides rehabilitation to adults with an acquired brain injury. Park House is a dynamic service. We have a number of patients who are receiving longer-term rehabilitation for disorders such as Huntington’s Disease. We also have 6 beds dedicated to our short-term stroke pathway.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a new, dynamic, vibrant team. You will be responsible for the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of a range of adults with acquired brain injury, in particular those with cognitive and physical impairments which prevent them from achieving independent functioning in daily living. You will use your skills and expertise to assist these individuals to maximise their functional independence and quality of life.
You will work closely with a motivated team including Physiotherapists, Clinical Psychologists, Speech and Language Therapists, Therapy Technicians, and Rehabilitation Support Workers to deliver a goal-focused, high quality service that enables adults to maximise their individual potential.
The role requires:
- Working as an independent clinical professional with the essential knowledge and skills, problem solving techniques, and clinical reasoning as is required in this specialist area
- Using evidence based/client centred principles and clinical reasoning to assess, plan, implement and evaluate interventions
- Facilitating complex discharge packages of care and giving advice and information to other disciplines and agencies
- Contributing to the training and development of others when required
- Participating in the planning, development and evaluation of Occupational Therapy services within the unit and within the organisation as a whole where appropriate
- Supervising other members of staff, e.g. Therapy Technicians and Rehabilitation Support Workers, in carrying out the programmes the Occupational Therapist has devised
It is desirable that you have a minimum of 1 – 2 years’ experience of working with adults with neurological conditions within either an acute, residential rehabilitation, or community setting.
In return we can offer you commitment and encouragement with CPD, including excellent training opportunities, clinical supervision and peer group support.
For further information, or to arrange to come and meet the team, please contact Jodie Conlon, Unit Manager, on 01234 261993.
Salary: up to £35,000 depending upon experience
Job Type: Permanent
Closing Date: 31 March 2020