Permanent, 36 hours per week
Complex Care Practitioner
Salary: up to £10.00 per hour
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours of Work: 36 hours
Woodlands require a Complex Care Practitioner to work within our 4 bedded specialist services for ventilated patients. These patients require ventilation to maintain respiratory function whilst remaining medically stable.
The candidate must posses NVQ 3 in Health and social care or equivalent.
The candidate must posses or be willing to train to deliver tracheostomy care competencies, Ventilator competencies, Peg feeding competencies, cough assist competencies etc.,
The candidate must possess all the skills within Band 3 Job profile of the NHS
• Deliver a detailed and accurate handover at beginning of each shift; communicating clients information, needs and daily plan
• Be aware of clients emotional, psychological, social and medical needs
• Take the responsibility for the delivery of high standards of care, providing hands - on support and guidance where required
• Be named practitioner for selected clients; ensuring all needs (medical, social and psychological) are delivered, assessed and monitored as required
• Ensure all clients notes and records are stored in accordance with policy and Data Protection Act
• Undertake teaching and mentoring where required of new and existing staff
• Carry out or assist with nursing procedures (dressing and tracheostomy changes, bowel care, baseline observations).
Full and part time staff required, may suit 2nd and 3rd year nursing students.
Christchurch Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults. This post will require an Enhanced DBS Disclosure.
Proof of eligibility to work in the UK is essential.
Christchurch Group is an equal opportunities employer.