Woodlands provides specialist Level 2 Neurological, Neuro Rehabilitation services
Woodlands Neurological Rehabilitation Centre is a purpose-built facility with 25 ensuite bedrooms and a two-bedroom self-contained transitional living flat. The team delivers high-quality and intensive neurological rehabilitation; physical, cognitive, functional and vocational assessments; behavioural management and complex disability assessments for adults.
We support patients with acquired brain injury, traumatic brain injury, severe neurological conditions, complex stroke and spinal cord injury. We can undertake SMART assessments for patients with Prolonged Disorders of Consciousness (PDoC) and create bespoke treatment plans.
The interdisciplinary team is led by Dr Marina Platts, Consultant in Rehabilitation Medicine. Patients benefit from access to our neuro-specialist team consisting of a Junior Doctor, Speech and Language Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Neuropsychologists, Physiotherapists, Therapy Technicians, specialist Nurses and Rehabilitation Assistants.
Specialist Nurses are able to provide care to those with ongoing neurological nursing needs including respiratory and tracheostomy care, diabetes, epilepsy, wound management, stoma care, enteral feeding and management of long term intravenous access points.
We receive input from other professions allied to medicine, including dietetics, orthotics, podiatry, wheelchair services and music therapy.
Services we offer
- Post acute COVID pathway
- Neurological rehabilitation
- Cognitive rehabilitation
- Neurobehavioural rehabilitation
- Management of progressive neurological conditions
- Respiratory and tracheostomy care
- Specialist spasticity management
- SMART Assessment of Prolonged Disorders of Consciousness (PDoC)
- Specialist nursing care
- Transitional living and support
- Assistance and recommendations with discharge planning
- Specialist nursing care
- Bladder & bowel management for spinal cord injury nursing
- Brain injury
- Spinal injury
- Progressive neurological conditions
- Prolonged disorders of consciousness
- Functional Neurological disorder
- Huntington’s disease
- Peripheral neurological conditions such as Guillain-Barre Syndrome
- Neurological conditions requiring tracheostomy management
- 25 bedrooms with ensuite
- 2 bedroom self-contained transitional living flat
- Specialist bariatric equipment
- 2 large physiotherapy gyms
- Occupational therapy kitchen
- 2 television lounges
- Tea bar
- Large outdoor space with woodland trail, landscaped garden and potting shed
- On-site chefs catering for a range of dietary requirements
- Free on-site parking