Neurological and Neuropsychological Rehabilitation; Stroke, Brain, Spinal, Head Injury and complex Neurological conditions at Woodlands, York.
- Neurorehabilitation including neuropsychology- both inpatient and outpatient
- Stroke rehabilitation
- Tracheostomy management including safe weaning and decannulation.
- Complex behavioural management
- Four-bed transitional ventilation unit with specialist nurses for the care of pa-tients who require ventilators to breathe both for short and long term placements.
- Disability management and longer-term support for those with progressive neurological conditions such as Huntington’s disease, multiple sclerosis, motor neurone disease and Parkinson’s disease. Specialist nurses also provide care for those with prolonged disorders of consciousness.
- Enhanced respite care for those who are living at home but would like to maintain their independence.
- Specialist outpatient clinics including for Traumatic brain injury, Stroke, Neuro-psychology
- End of life care and advanced care planning
- We welcome enquiries from individuals, GPs, Consultants, Case managers just call to find out what we can offer.
The services at Woodlands include:
- Neuropsychologist providing specialist patient centred behavioural management and cognitive assessments and rehabilitation
- Consultant led service
- Specially trained nurses trained in all aspects of care including trache-ostomy and stoma care and continence management as required on site 24 hours a day
- Rehabilitation assistants on site 24 hours a day
- Hydrotherapy pool
- Fully equipped large physiotherapy gym
- Large purpose built occupational therapy kitchen enabling patients to plan and prepare their own meals, daily breakfast and lunch clubs
- Music therapy -delivered by specialist Music therapist
- Transitional Ventilated unit, staffed with highly skilled and specialist staff trained to deal with all aspects of ventilation care, airway and chest management with specialist knowledge in spinal care and conditions.
- Care for ongoing nursing needs resulting from diabetes, epilepsy, open wounds or feeding tubes.
- Patient centred care and regular goal setting with measurable out-comes
- Home cooked delicious food with on-site chef
- Activities coordinator organising a wide range of extra social activities including cooking and gardening clubs, pet therapy, trips out
- Large landscaped gardens, fully wheelchair accessible specialist moving and handling equipment
- 3 bedroomed transitional living flat with facilities for families to stay Monthly onsite orthotics Clinic
- Consultant led specialist spasticity management including on site bot-ulism toxin injections
- Weekly GP visit
- Wi-fi, TV/ games room and conservatory for patients and relatives to visit and relax in
- Training and facilities to provide Neuro Palliative care
- High levels of specialist staff training programs
The Christchurch strategy is to empower people to access and benefit from occupational, social and educational pursuits, and achieve full participation and inclusion in community life. The company’s service ethos is based on integrity, transparency, compassion and positivity.
You can read the latest CQC report for Woodlands York by following the link below. You can also read and leave a public review of our services by following the link below to the Woodlands listing on the NHS Choices website.